Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 170: Deep Fried Pork Skins

     I've always assumed that deep fried pork skins were terrible. You know, those chip bags you see in the questionable isle of most gas stations that are filled with super porous stomach lining. All I gotta say is that they look totally nasty and I have never had the urge to try them, but I guess that's why I started this project. I want to force myself to find out if what I had always assumed was disgusting was really all that bad. Who knows, maybe this convince store snack will be a new favorite. Sadly, that's not how it turned out for me. I bought a bag with my friend David (Who absolutely loves them) and tore it open in excitement, eager to set sail on my deep fried pork skin cuisine cruise. I grabbed one and bit into the crunchy chip. It was absolutely terrible, like seriously one of the grossest things I've tried for this project. I managed to get 3 or four pork skin curls down before I threw in the towel and handed the bag to David, who then proceeded to devour the chips two at a time. I don't know if my longstanding assumption of the snack being completely disgusting had anything to do with me not liking them, or if I'm just pretty good at picking out shitty tasting snacks. I guess the world will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment