Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 179: Speed Typing Test

     I've been filling out job applications lately cause my current job is just way too far of a commute. It's over in Boulder, which is about 25 miles away. I was planning on  moving out there but I don't know if that whole thing is going to work out. Long story short, I'm in the market for a new job. So on some of these applications it asks me how fast I can type. I certainly have been getting faster at typing ever since I started this blog, but I still didn't know how fast I could type. So I went to this website called http://www.typingtest.com/ and I took their little test. I retyped a blurb that the site had about Baseball. I had to type as much as I could within 1 minute and then it would tell me my WPM (words per minute). So I did that, and it turns out that I can type at 51 WPM. I'm pretty stoked to see that number because the site says that 36 WPM is the average. I tried the test a couple of times but could never beat that record. I think I'll try the test once more once this project is over and I have another 6 months of typing under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment