Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 189: Creative Visualization

     I was researching this stuff and it seems like all the people that make videos about creative visulation are all a little bit out there. I found a heap load of uber earthy hippies that kept saying things like "spiritual" and "feelings", I don't know if I liked it. But I thought that I'd give their methods a go. Creative visualization in a nutshell, is basically the act of concentrating on something you want really badly. This thing that you think about can be anything, from higher self of steam to higher gas mileage. All you do is think about what you want and try to associate that goal with good feeling and positive vibes, in other words, its total bull plop. Your creative visualization journey ends the second you try to obtain this goal. That's when you have to ask yourself "Hey, am I really cut out for this? Am I the kind of person that assumes that my greatest accomplishments in life will be handed down to me on a silver platter as long as wish them to be true?" If this sounds like something you would say, then creative visualization may be for you. And for the rest of you, I'll meet you back in reality.
     So I bit. I tried the meditation that the yuppie hippies offered me. I concentrated about a pretty reasonable goal, I "thought" about landing laser flips (its a certain skateboard flip trick that has eluded me for way too long). I thought long and hard and I tried to picture the smile that I would wear when I would land them. Twenty minutes passed as I mentally landed the trick frame-by-frame. I was feeling good about my daydream training and was eager to try them. Unfortunately, I have yet to land or even stick a single laser flip since my pre-meditated practice (probably cause creative visualization is stupid). I'm starting to think that this whole creative visualization thing is a bunch of malarkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment