Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 172: Cherry Stem Knot

     I think that this is one of those talents where you either can do it easily with no problems, or you can never get close even in a million years. I'm talking of course about, tying a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue. Sean and I picked up a couple of cherry stems to knot after the skatepark. I didn't think that the challenge would be all that hard, just time consuming. So yeah, we got the stems and we silently chewed and tongued the stems on the drive home. I was working on the bunny ears of my knot when Sean spat out his knotted stem. He looked almost as surprised as I was at his accomplishment. I knew I had to step up my game, so I began moving my jaw and tongue faster, but that didn't do anything but make my jaw sore. We got home and Sean went for his video games and I went into my room where I could practice in private. I seriously think I spent the better part of an hour in there chewing my soggy stem in complete silence (pathetic right?). I finally came to the conclusion that I could not and would not ever be able to tie a knot in cherry stem with my tongue. It's not the biggest insult in the world, but the fact that I wasted an hour trying to do it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment