Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 197: Grass Jelly


     I bought this stuff called grass jelly at the same store that I picked up that basil seed drink nonsense, so things weren't looking good from the start. I bought it as an extra back-up challenge I could rely on if I was slacking and desperate for a new thing to try for the day. So surprise surprise, I used up my back-up challenge within 4 days of buying it. I really was slacking that day. I had worked for most of the day and then spent a while skating with some friends. The day was ending quicker than I would have liked and I still needed a challenge. That's when I reached inside the mini fridge and pulled out the grass jelly to enjoy while I watched an episode of Arrested Development. I quietly sipped from my semi-liquid-but-mostly-jelly beverage only to find that (to absolutely no surprise) I didn't like it. Still, I kept sipping. I knew that the best way to get through it and to make a lasting memory about the experience was to just down as much of the beverage as fast as possible. So I began chugging and that was rudely interrupted by a large and slimy chunk of grass jelly pulp. The mixture of the disgusting taste and unexpected appearance from the pulp made me spit up a good portion of the drink. I was totally grossed out and was not about to try anymore of it. I feel like I gained more experience from getting halfway and semi-puking then I would have if I got all the way and didn't puke at all. So I declare that this challenge is here by completed. I really need to stop buying things at that Asian food store.

No comments:

Post a Comment