Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 187: Booze n' Cruise

Mac and Mouse


     Denver Cruisers, more appropriately named, Booze n' Cruise, is a downtown biking get-together that runs on  copious amounts enthusiasm and alcohol. Basically, its thousands of people that ride their bikes and have a great time in downtown Denver. The mob of bikers trek through the city to certain spots and everyone hangs out and drinks at the destination for a while, then the mob eventually bikes to another spot to do some more hanging out and drinking. My group of friends and I biked up to Civic Center to try and meet up with the mob but all we saw was a game of fixie-hockey (which was pretty badass). The fixed gear hockey players told us that the mob had already left to the next spot, which was an abandoned roundabout. So we left Civic to find the mob and participate in the festivities. We followed a few bike enthusiasts down Speer until we made it to the roundabout, more appropriately named, "The circle of death". The culdesac was occupied with heavily intoxicated youth on bikes. They were circling around in a counter-clockwise fashion except for the few who dared to ride against the current of the mob. I think the goal was to see how close you could get to hitting every single person, but I'm not sure. The circle was a mecca of carnage. Fireworks were shooting in every direction, people were throwing up and crashes were constantly occurring, this was my kind of shit-show. I made it a point to throw myself into the circle a couple times to prove my worth and surprisingly made it out without crashing at all (I can't say the same for the poor guy that clipped me then ate pavement). We finished off the night with some wondering through the empty streets of the city without the mob. It was a great time and I totally plan on doing that some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment