Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 180: Go Water Ballooning

     I'm not too proud of it, but I did it. Water ballooning is the act of driving around in a car and throwing water balloons at random people and objects. I did it, because its part of this contest that I am in. Its called King of the Road and it's sort of skateboarding scavenger hunt that my friends and I are entered in. It's organized by the website http://skateperception.com/. Its a month long contest where teams of 8 kids compete to complete as many goals, challenges and tricks that are on the trick-list that the site gives you as possible. There are about 350 different challenges on the list ranging from super gnarly tricks, to eating 3 raw eggs, to getting a girls number at a red light. Each team must film themselves complete the goals and edit the footage into a montage that will be sent in and judged. Any team that completes every single challenge gets their $5.75 entry fee back. The winning team gets a cash prize of $200 and bragging rights for life. Right now, this contest is a high priority for my friends and I.

     we've only been filming for a couple of days but we have been getting some major points and its been a complete blast doing it. We got the "Eat 10 pebbles" and the "skate a 6 six stair in your boxers" challenge on film. Now it was time for the "drive-by water balloon someone" goal. We loaded up the car with several bags of tap water missiles. Then we hit the town to cause and film some ruckus. We managed to hit a group of softball players and a bunch of stop signs. We bombed a group of girls that were walking on the sidewalk and we even managed to hit our own drive by car a couple of times. Once we decided that we had enough footage we simply used the rest of the water balloons in a water war. I have to admit that it was pretty fun to go water ballooning. It was quite the rush, but I still felt kind of bad. But the 30 points we won for the team made me forget about feeling bad pretty quickly. GO TEAM GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment