Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 204: Attend The Renaissance Festival

     The renaissance festival is a place that I never thought I'd go, not because I didn't want to, it just never really seemed that interesting. So I went down to check things out. Mouse and I endure some pretty heavy traffic to get there but we were men with missions. After we got through the driving and parking fiasco, all that was left was to pay $15 bucks at the ticket both and we'd be in. Once inside, we wondered to a renaissance employee that was dressed like a medieval street performer. It was right about then when I realized that wearing tie-die to the renaissance festival was a good way to volunteer myself for punishment. The street performer made eye contact and shouted out "Sir, next time remember to separate your laundry" which got some laughs from the crowd. I had no choice but to stand there and laugh at my stupidity. I was reminded from many people throughout the day that I wasn't fitting in with my T-shirt. I wanted to explain how ridiculous some of these characters looked, but I refrained. We watched some acts and listened to some music, but mostly just wandered around till I felt like I had successfully gotten my $15 bucks worth. The renaissance festival is an interesting place, full of interesting people. But it seemed to remind me too much of amusement park I used to work at. Everything was overpriced and kind of low quality, and so things got boring. That highlight was definitely the parade that tore through the festival. There were drummers and fire breathers and even Jack Sparrow riding an Elephant (which seems inaccurate on several levels). For the most part, it was a good time, just too much traffic and tie-die.

No comments:

Post a Comment