Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 194: Hike Chautauqua

     I've been working at my job (Target) in Boulder for about a month and a half now, and I can't help but think that I haven't been getting enough of the Boulder Experience. That's why I decided to pack up a couple of friends (Kalin and Mouse) to come along as I hiked Boulder's iconic mountain, Chautauqua.

Chautauqua is that giant flatiron mountain you see when you are driving into Boulder. Its the same one I stare at through the window at work when I'm bored.

So we drove out there for a beautiful day of climbing and hiking. The trail wasn't very difficult but it did seem to end shortly, so we decided to find our own path. We passed a group of rock climbers who were in the middle of scaling the ridiculously steep wall of the flatiron.

We stopped for a couple of scenic photo-ops and then just kinda hung out there for a while. The view from that spot was incredible. I could see all of Boulder and even the little spec that was Denver. I could see lakes and valleys and the roads that connected them.

 Soon after that, we headed back down the mountain so Kalin could eat lunch with her Grandma. The weather was beautiful and so was the view, today was a good day.

Look how steep that wall is!




No comments:

Post a Comment