Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 202: Melatonin

     Melatonin is a supplement that my friend David gave to me after I was complaining about my bad (but getting better) sleep schedule. Apparently, this stuff is supposed to knock you out cold, bring you into the deeper stages of REM sleep, and help you wake up and feel rejuvenated. So I took a couple that night and (like I was instructed) was knocked out almost instantly. My sleep was great and I woke up feeling wonderful. David warned me that melatonin is known to cause nightmares because it throws you straight into the deeper levels of sleep. Although I didn't have any nightmares (that I can remember) I was in such a deep sleep that I slept through my alarm. I didn't have too much to do the next day so it wasn't that big of a problem. Those little pills really did help me crash out on my bed. Now all I have to do is figure out how to wake myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment