Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 173: Strawberry Pancakes

Trust me, it tastes better than it looks.

     This was probably one of the most delicious challenges yet, and it was surprisingly simple. For those of you don't know much about my culinary history, just know that I kinda suck at it still (but I'm getting better). I looked up the recipe and found that I had all the ingredients, most of them from past challenges, then I got to cooking. For the most part it was pretty straight forward. I mixed the solid ingredients in on bowl and the liquid ones in another, then I combined them to make the batter. Then I folded in cut up strawberry's and poured 1/4 cup fulls of batter onto the pan. I consistently burnt the first 5 attempts but I just fed those ones to Sean, so no harm done. I slowly got better at timing the cakes and ended up with a fair amount of really tasty pancakes. Definitely planning on making some more of these puppies soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment