Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 196: BMX

Still got it

     So after that whole massage mishap I had to find something to take my mind of it. So I turned to the decaying carcass of an old bike I had lying around. I decided that I wanted to make a BMX bike out of it. BMX bikes are ridden for racing and to preform tricks with. I have a bike already (Day 130: http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-130-bike-to-boulder.html), its the one I rode to Boulder with. But the bike I have is whats known as a single speed road bike, which means it only has one gear and it meant for long distances at high speeds. This BMX on the other hand, was intended for just riding around the neighborhood and to solidify my wheelies. So I got to building, I bought a seat at handlebar grips and then I painted the handlebars flat black. I took off the front brake (for style points) and filled up the tires. Then, It was ready to ride.
See, this is a two-part challenge. Part 1 is building the bike, and part 2 is riding the bike. So Mouse and I hoped on our respective bikes and set out to shred the town (or try to anyways). We tried wheelies and bunny hops, then we tried some more advanced maneuvers like peg grinds (although I could only do pedal grinds) and riding backwards. Its safe to say that we aren't very good (yet), but were trying. It was still a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment