Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 205: Tomato Ice Cream

     "Don't knock it till you try it" has never rang so true. I decided to make tomato ice cream and we (Mouse, Mac and I) were all a little weary about the whole thing. What you do to make tomato ice cream is simple; boil tomatoes, skin them, cut them, then throw them in a food processor, then fold the paste into a bowl of vanilla ice cream. So we had a heaping bowl of tomato ice cream in no time. I had made up my mind earlier that this was going to be totally nasty and was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't as bad as I thought. But don't get the wrong impression here, it definitely wasn't that good either. It was just good enough for me to be able to eat without fear of puking all over the apartment. The aftertaste wasn't bad but I'd have to say that, on a scale from 1 to 10, tomato ice cream would have to place at a 6.95 or so. It really wasn't that bad, but there is still ice cream out there that is considerably better.


No comments:

Post a Comment