Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 208: Chocolate Chilies

     I had some time to kill before work today, so I made a stop at a store that I felt would surely lead me to new oddities to try; Whole Foods. I perused through the isles of Boulder-Bath soaps and eco-friendly tampons, on the hunt for my new thing. It was a weird experience just being in a store that was so, green. It wasn't bad, just weird. I eventually found myself checking out the candy section (cause some things just don't change) and found a bar of dark chocolate that had chunks of cherries and grounded up chili peppers in it. It was an intriguing combination, I could dig a chocolate and cherries bar, but I couldn't imagine how a chili pepper chocolate bar could be any good. I bought the exotic candy bar and was pleasantly surprised when I bit into it. The chocolate and chili pepper flavors were really bold, but it worked. I thought that the candy was going to taste like straight garbage but the flavors seemed to go together well. If your still skeptical about trying one of these babies, let me just say that I'm not really into chili peppers and I still liked it. I suggest that you go out and buy a bar to try. Who knows, maybe I just turned you onto your new favorite treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment